1 pound linguine
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 minced garlic cloves
1 ten ounce cans chopped clams, drained and juice reserved
3/4 cup white wine
Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus lemon slices for garnish
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
3/4 cup heavy cream
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Cook the linguine according to package directions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil and one tablespoon butter over high heat. Add garlic and clams and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Pour in the white wine, scraping the bottom of the pan with spoon. Cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce is reduced. Add remaining butter and stir to melt.
4. Reduce heat and squeeze in the lemon juice. Sprinkle in parsley and add the cream.
5. Add salt and pepper. Thin sauce with clam juice if needed.
6. Pour pasta into heated bowl. Pour the sauce on straight from the skillet. Toss to combine, and garnish with lemon slices and parmesan cheese.