Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Cookbook Contest!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, cut into chunks
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound chocolate chips or chunks -- any variety you like.
- 1. Whisk the flour, coffee, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- 2. Beat the butter in a mixer until lightened. Add granulated sugar and beat for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat for another 30 seconds. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and beat until blended.
- 3. Turn mixer speed down and add flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Add chocolate and mix until evenly blended in.
- 4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for several hours to overnight.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. Drop a heaping tablespoon full of dough onto sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 6. Cool on racks. Make very very sure you eat one while they are still warm.