Tortellini with Basil Cream Sauce
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1¼ cups cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 9-ounce packages cheese tortellini, cooked and drained
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1. Saute shallots and garlic in butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Add flour and stir for one more minute. Stir in ¼ cup butter and cook for one more minute. Stir in wine and cook one minute more. Slowly add cream, stirring until smooth.
- 3. Add cheese and and cook over medium heat until smooth and thick, about 3-5 minutes.
- 4. Stir in basil, mix well. Add cooked tortellini and stir to coat.
- 5. Divide among plates and grind fresh pepper over top.