Cheater’s Barbeque Garlic Shrimp and a Cookbook Contest!
- ¼ cup bottled smoke
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 stick melted butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 6 garlic cloves,, minced
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh bread for serving
- 1. Combine 1 quart cold water, the bottled smoke and the salt in large bowl. Stir to dissolve the salt.
- 2. Add shrimp to the bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes. Drain, pat the shrimp dry and discard the brine.
- 3. While brining the shrimp, combine all the remaining ingredients except the bread in a small bowl.
- 4. Toss the shrimp with the sauce.
- 5. Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over high heat until piping hot. Add shrimp and sauce to pot at cook until pink and opaque, about 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Serve at once with sauce and fresh bread on the side.