Tarragon Chicken in Bread Bowls
Serves: serves 2 expand as needed!
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 bread bowls
- 1. Put flour in bowl, slowly add milk, whisking until combined. Add broth and wine.
- 2. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and chicken to pan and saute 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, zucchini, tarragon and spices. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- 3. Pour in flour mixture, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. When almost done, take out chicken breasts and shred into bite size pieces with two forks. Return to pot.
- 5. Cut the tops off of the bread bowls, leaving a one inch border around the edges. Scoop out the bread on the inside and set aside (this makes great bread crumbs for future recipes).
- 6. Warm the bread bowls in the microwave for 30 seconds each.
- 7. Season chicken stew as needed with salt and pepper and ladle into warm bread bowls. Serve with the bread bowl top on the side.