Scrambled Eggs with Salmon and Herbs
- 8 large eggs
- 8 slices challah or brioche bread
- 4 pieces smoked salmon, cut into ribbons
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (chives, tarragon, parsley)
- ½ stick butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Heat 4 serving dishes in 300 degree oven while preparing eggs
- 2. Cut circles out of bread slices with cookie cutter or top of glass. Toast until golden.
- 3. Whisk eggs with milk and half of the herbs.
- 4. Melt butter in frying pan over low flame. Add eggs and cream cheese and cook for 4 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add salmon and cook without stirring for one more minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Put one toast circle on each plate or in each bowl. Divide eggs among plates. Scatter remaining herbs on eggs and top with remaining toast circle. Serve immediately.