Eggs Florentine with Baby Spinach and Goat Cheese
- 4 slices (1 inch thick) sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound baby spinach
- ⅓ cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)
- 4 large eggs
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Place bread on a baking sheet, and brush both sides with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Broil until golden, 1 to 3 minutes per side; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium. Add spinach and season with salt and pepper. Cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain off excess liquid; mix in goat cheese. Transfer to a bowl; cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Wipe out skillet; heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium. Gently crack eggs into skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until whites are almost set, about 1 minute. Cover, and remove from heat; let stand until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 3 minutes. Or flip over to be over easy, whatever you like best.
- Top each piece of toast with spinach mixture and 1 egg; serve immediately