Pasta with Tomatoes, Bacon and Peas in Worcestershire Cream Sauce
- ½ pound spaghetti or other thin pasta
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 2 pounds tomatoes, chopped fine
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1. Heat olive oil in large skillet and saute garlic until golden brown. Discard garlic and add bacon to pan. Saute bacon until lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add cream and Worcestershire sauce and peas and stir for one minute. Turn off heat and set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water until done. Reserve ½ cup cooking water. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Toss with sauce over low heat until fully mixed. Add some cooking water if sauce needs loosening.
- 4. Divide among plates and top with fresh ground pepper and grated Parmesan, if you like.