Mussels in Blue Cheese Sauce
1 two pound bag mussels
2 tablespoons butter
2 large carrots, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup white wine
4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
4 ounces thin spaghetti (or whatever pasta you like), cooked and drained
1. Rinse mussels, discarding any with open or broken shells and pulling off any of the beards (strings coming out of the mussels
2. Melt butter in large pan and saute carrots and onions for 5 minutes over medium high heat
3. Add mussels and white wine and cover until mussels are open, about 5 minutes
4. Remove mussels with slotted spoon into bowl and set aside.
5. Add blue cheese to pan and stir until melted.
6. Divide pasta among plates (use plates with a bit of a lip to them so that you don't have spillage issues!)
7. Top pasta with mussels, and then pour sauce over all. It is going to look like a LOT, but trust me, it's the right amount. Those shells take up a lot of room. Make sure you have a bowl on the table so that folks can toss the empty shells into it as they go.