Chicken with Apples and Sage
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to a thickness of about ½ inch
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly chopped sage
- Cooked buttered egg noodles
- 1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken breasts on both sides, approximately four minutes per side. Set aside.
- 2. Add butter to skillet and heat until melted. Add apples, shallot and brown sugar and cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add chicken broth, vinegar and sage and cook until sauce reduces slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Return chicken pan with any accumulated juices and cook until chicken is heated through and sauce is slightly more reduced, about 2-5 minutes.
- 5. Serve chicken and apples over buttered noodles with pan sauce poured on top.