Two lobsters, cooked and shelled, with the shells reserved
4 ears of corn, kernels removed, with the cobs reserved
4 ribs of celery, cut into 3 inch pieces
4 carrots, cut into 3 inch pieces
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 quart milk
4 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
1. Melt one tablespoon butter in large Dutch oven. Add lobster shells, corn cobs, celery, carrots and onion and saute briefly.
2. Pour milk over all, and add enough water to barely cover. Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to lowest level and simmer for eight hours.
3. Pull out shells and corn cobs and discard. Strain remainder through a fine mesh strainer. Place strained liquid back in Dutch oven.
4. Puree vegetables with 1/2 cup of corn kernels and 1/4 cup of strained stock until totally pureed. Push puree through the fine mesh strainer into the Dutch oven with the stock. Discard any remaining solids that do not go through the strainer.
5. Add chopped lobster meat and remaining corn to the pot, along with a dash of salt and a grinding of fresh pepper. Heat slowly until heated through.
6. Serve, garnished with chopped bacon and chives.