Caesar Salad with Poached Egg
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 4 slices country bread, lightly toasted
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 to 8 poached eggs, depending if you are using one or two per salad
- 1. Put mayo, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons cheese in food processor and blend until smooth. Add oil in a steady stream until creamy and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Lay bread on plates. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Lay lettuce leaves on top of bread, and top lettuce with egg or eggs.
- 4. Drizzled dressing over all. Grind pepper on top, and scatter remaining cheese over eggs. Serve immediately.