Polenta with Shredded Chicken, Fontina, and Sage Butter Sauce
- 4 cups cold water
- 1¼ cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmagiano
- 3 ounces diced fontina cheese
- 5-6 sage leaves, minced
- 1½ to 2 cups grilled and shredded chicken breast
- 1. Bring water to boil and add salt. Reduce heat to medium low and pour the cornmeal into the water in a slow constant stream, whisking all the time to prevent lumps.
- 2. Simmer for anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on consistency of cornmeal, stirring regularly, until polenta is thick.
- 3. Add 1 tablespoon butter, half the Parmagiano and all the fontina. Stir until cheese is melted.
- 4. Melt remaining butter and stir in sage (this can be done in the microwave).
- 5. Spoon polenta onto plate in a nice round. Top with shredded chicken and remaining Parmagiano. Drizzle melted sage butter over top.