Beef Stir-Fry with Sugar Snap Peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or white, if you prefer)
- 1 pound tenderloin steak, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces snap peas, strings removed
- 5 to 6 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 1. Ten minutes before rice is done, place steak in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch, and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook half the steak until browned on one side, 1 to 2 minutes (steak will cook further in step 3); transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
- 3. Add snap peas, white part of scallions, ginger, red-pepper flakes, and ¾ cup water to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until snap peas turn bright green, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4. Return steak to skillet until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in green part of scallions and lime juice.
- 5. Serve with rice and lime wedges on the side.
Adapted from Beef Stir Fry with Sugar Snap Peas  in Everyday Food