Two-Pea Pasta with Ricotta and Tarragon
- 12 ounces short pasta of your choice (gemelli, penne, etc)
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, stem ends removed
- 1 10 oz package frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than cooking time called for on package. Add snap peas to pot, cook all for 2 more minutes. Add frozen peas and cook one minute more. Scoop ½ cup pasta water from pot and then drain pasta and veggies. Return all to pot.
- 2. Toss pasta and veggies with butter, tarragon and ricotta, adding a little pasta water to create a thin sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Divide pasta among plates. At this point you can grate on a little Parmesan cheese if you are feeling adventurous. (And guess where you can buy fabulous blocks of Parmesan? I won't say it).