But before I get into this quick little recipe, can we just pause for a second on the lovely little green bowl it is in? (Proud Mother Alert): my smart, beautiful, talented, black-belt wearing, honor-student of a daughter MADE that bowl in her ceramics class. Yes she did, and she brought it home to me, and usually it is sitting right here on my desk where I can admire it, but yesterday night it just seemed perfect to hold the little summer salad I had just made.
Did I mention that she is beautiful? My girl.
Anyway, here is a quick and delicious little summer side dish…also beautiful! Happy summer.
- 1 zucchini, cut in half length-wise and sliced into quarters cross-wise
- 4 ears of corn, husked and kernels sliced off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- ¾ cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add zucchini and garlic and saute, stirring constantly, until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add corn and cook 2-3 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat. Stir in basil.