Chicken Salad with Apple and Basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and diced
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced mint
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 1. Pound chicken thin, place in saucepan and cover with water. Add 3 teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and bring to low boil. Cook until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl of ice water for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine lime juice, vinegar and sugar in large bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add scallions and apples and toss.
- 3. Dry chicken and shred into bite size pieces. Add to bowl with peanuts, mint and basil, along with remaining salt and pepper. Toss and serve.